For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

4.02.2012

I'd Like to Tap That: Smith Tower...Again

Check out this amazing photos essay that our friend  Kyle Johnson who did a piece for Kinfolk Magazine Vol. 3!! Kyle proposed the project and shot the story while Ashley Helvey styled the shoot at the top pyramid loft space of the Smith Tower.
 
When the NYT feature of the space came out about 2 years ago,  I wrote a blog post about that space and about how my life won't even compare to the 3 year old kid living there!! But that was the past... now the NEW me, is little bit more optimistic knowing that I'm less than 6 degrees separated from the people who lives there.  I'm getting SO close I can taste it!
But seriously though....I'm SUPER excited for Kyle & Ashley that they got to do this (and of course, equally jealous!) It looked like such a surreal expereince....to hang out in the space, see the view of the city & the water from the 40th floor, while eating a homemade meal by Molly Wizenberg (of Orangette) and Brandon Pettit ( of Delancey)!

Yah, I know, can it get anymore ridiculous than this? I would very much like to shut the front door on them, too.



Someday....I'll get to a point where I don't have to pay $35+ just to see views like this on a day-to-day bases.

No comments: